Thank you for visiting John Song Dentistry in Santa Monica for your oral care needs. We provide the highest quality of dental care in a comfortable and gentle environment with an emphasis on personalized service for each individual patient.
The crux of our care philosophy embodies the goal of developing long lasting relationships based on good oral health.
Dr. John Song
John Song, DDS, practices all aspects of dentistry, including the specialization of prosthodontics (restoring missing or broken teeth through fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures). Dr. Song earned a Bachelor's Degree of Science and a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree, both from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Shortly after, Dr. Song completed his three year post graduate training in advanced prosthodontics at UCLA.
John is a caring and compassionate health professional that truly cares for each of his patients. Dr. Song and his staff's goal from the start was to create a warm, welcoming environment where patients can always feel at ease. They explain the process thoroughly and want every patient to know they will be given the best treatment possible.
In his spare time, Dr. John Song enjoys spending time with his wife, Mary Shannon, a pediatric dentist, and his two daughters. When not pursuing family adventures, Dr. Song is an avid sports enthusiast who enjoys running, basketball, tennis, golf, softball, biking and weight training. He is also a devout Christian and a member of the Brentwood Presbyterian Church.
"To provide outstanding comprehensive care to those individuals who desire beautiful and healthy smiles."
Our Priority: A Clean, Safe, Painless Visit to the Dentist
Our clinic consists of dentists, assistants and administrative staff who all share the same goal of providing a supportive and understanding environment for our clients.
Tell Us a Little Bit About Yourself
I was born in Taiwan and emigrated to the United States in 1980. My two older brothers and I were raised by my Mom in Monterey Park and to this day, she still lives in the same house we grew up in. I really have to thank my Mother for providing me all the opportunities that made me into who I am today.
I went attended UCLA for my undergraduate degree and dental school training. Afterwards, I completed a three year residency program in prosthodontics at UCLA. It was there where I met my wife, Dr. Mary Shannon, who happens to be an amazing pediatric dentist.
We have our own private practices together here in Santa Monica and are very fortunate to have two beautiful daughters.
What is a Prosthodontist and What Do They Specialize in?
A prosthodontist is a dentist who specializes in treating dental and facial problems that involve restoring missing teeth. A prosthodontist is highly trained in cosmetics, dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, partials, temporomandibular disorders (TMJ/TMD), and more.
What are the 5 Most Important Qualities of Being a Great Dentist?
1. New Technology: A great dentist stays up-to-date on the latest innovations in dental technology and incorporates new techniques and equipment into his or her practice.
2. Welcoming Atmosphere: A great dentist has an office with a welcoming atmosphere. Patients never feel rushed or uncomfortable. The entire staff is friendly and helpful.
3. Patient Involvement: A great dentist involves a patient in decision making for treatment. They allow patients access to their records and explain all the options for treatment. A great dentist understands that a patient needs to feel in control of his or her treatment.
4. Honesty and Compassion: A great dentist is also honest and compassionate. Dental problems can affect many areas of a person’s life. Dentists need to be sensitive to the problems caused by poor dental health.
5. Communication Skills: Strong communication is one of the most important skills a dentist can have. Dentists educate patients on their diagnosis, treatment and preventative care. Being able to explain technical information and make patients understand is key.
It is obviously important to be competent and have extensive knowledge about dentistry and oral hygiene. You need to be able to identify problems quickly as well as provide the most effective treatments. A good dentist also needs to be honest and compassionate. They need to have the ability to communicate and to listen to their patients.
Being a dental patient can be difficult as many dread the thought of being in the dental chair. It is my priority to make each and every patient feel comfortable and reassure them that I have the their best interests at heart.
At the end of the day, I want to treat my patients the same way that I want to be treated.
John Song, DDS
John Song Dentistry Santa Monica
2730 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 460, Santa Monica, California 90403, United States
Office (323) 206-6535 | Fax (310) 998-1907
Copyright © 2022 John Song Dentistry Santa Monica, CA - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WIN360 Digital Branding | WIN360DB.Com